You know we would never skimp out on you, right?
That’s why we only source our ingredients from the finest sources. We believe the things you put into your body matter, and therefore, where those ingredients come from matter, too.
The caffeine in Vyper Energy is no exception. Unlike the other guys, our caffeine is naturally sourced from green tea leaves. This is a time consuming process that includes harvesting the leaves, drying them, grinding them down into a fine powder, extracting the caffeine, purifying it to the highest quality possible, and drying it to remove any remaining moisture so the fine powder can be used in our drink. We don’t sweat it though – we know this process is worth it, since it delivers a natural source of caffeine that can offer several benefits compared to synthetic caffeine.
The negatives of artificially-sourced caffeine are far-reaching, and can include the following:
- Higher risk of side effects – The synthetic caffeine in our competitors’ products is often used in a much higher concentration than naturally-sourced caffeine. This can lead to a higher risk of side effects, like anxiety, nervousness, heart palpitations, and insomnia. Yikes.
- Overstimulation – Synthetic caffeine is also typically absorbed more quickly by the body than naturally-sourced caffeine, which can result in overstimulation and one hell of a crash once the effects wear off.
- Potential toxicity – Synthetic caffeine is often produced using chemical processes that can result in impurities and potentially toxic compounds, such as acrylamide, which is a known carcinogen.
- Poor flavor – Synthetic caffeine often has a bitter taste that a lot of consumers find, to put it frankly, disgusting. As a result, it is often combined with sweeteners and other flavorings to make it more tolerable, which can add additional calories and artificial ingredients to products that can have a negative impact on your health
On the other hand, the benefits of naturally-sourced caffeine prove it to be an infinitely better ingredient. Some of these benefits include:
- Lower risk of side effects – Since natural caffeine comes in more moderate amounts than its synthetic counterpart, it is much less likely to cause the negative side effects we described earlier.
- Slow release – Natural sources of caffeine tend to release the caffeine slowly into the body over a longer period of time, resulting in a more gradual and sustained boost of energy compared to synthetic caffeine.
- Better taste – Naturally-sourced caffeine is often derived from sources such as tea leaves and coffee beans, which have a more preferable taste than synthetic caffeine for many consumers.
- Antioxidant properties – Since the sources of natural caffeine (tea and coffee) are rich in antioxidants, the products they are used in receive these properties as well. These antioxidants provide additional benefits beyond the stimulating effects of caffeine, such as protecting the body against free radicals.
Vyper Energy is made with love, and you can taste it in our product. We know that what you put into your body hugely affects what you get out of it, and that’s why we only deliver the best of the best when it comes to our ingredients.